Organizations Focused on AI
- Inclusive Design Research Centre: Ontario College of Art and Design.
- OpenAI: Discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence.
- AI Now Institute: Examining the social implications of artificial intelligence.
- Algorithmic Justice League: a collective that aims to highlight algorithmic bias.
- Algorithmic Fairness for People with Disabilities, Institute for Tech Law & Policy, Georgetown University
- Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics, Harvard Law School
- Center for Humane Technology: We envision a world where technology supports our shared well-being, sense-making, democracy, and ability to tackle complex global challenges.
Articles from 2019
- How can we make sure that algorithms are fair?: The Conversation
- Discriminating Systems: Gender, Race, and Power in AI (PDF): AI Now Institute
- Artificial Intelligence Learns to Talk Back to Bigots: Scientific American
- AI thinks like a corporation—and that’s worrying: The Economist
- DeepMind is Using This Old Technique to Evaluate Fairness in Machine Learning Models: Towards Data Science
- Smart Cities Urged to Look ‘Beyond Rich, White Men’: The Irrawaddy
Articles From 2018
- Sidewalk Toronto and Why Smarter is Not Better: Medium
- How This Google Team Is Trying to Make the Company’s Products More Inclusive: Fortune
- Big Data Ethics and 10 Controversial Data Science Experiments: Data Science Dojo
Articles From Previous Years
- Artificial Intelligence’s White Guy Problem: New York Times, 2016
- Semantics derived automatically from language corpora necessarily contain human biases: Cornell University, 2016