Make web text so simple we understand it the first time we read it.
Please Contact Me!
What We Do
- We train AI to simplify text.
- We do all we can not to teach AI our biases.
How We Do It
- Operationalize plain-language guidelines for AI to simplify text.
- Test if people understand simplified text more than typical text.
- Include people with intellectual disabilities and autistics as expert testers.
Who We Serve
- people with cognitive disabilities;
- people with low literacy;
- non-native language speakers; and
- really, everyone!
Who Is Doing It
- John Rochford, INDEX Program Director, Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center; and Faculty Member, University of Massachusetts Medical School (About Me);
- Amazing Staff of the INDEX Program; and
- Undergraduate and graduate students from:
Where We Do It
EasyText.AI, 60 Prescott Street, Worcester, MA 01605